Sunday, August 19, 2012

Miracles and Milestones.....

     Tomorrow is a big day in our lives.  Joseph is going to start school.  It is a huge milestone for a child who wasn't supposed to live till his first birthday.  I am a hot mess....not gonna lie.  I am happy, excited, hopeful and scared to death.  During his hospital stay (180 days), I was only away from him for 4 nights.  Yup, 4...and I am supposed to send him to school, with strangers, who can't understand him, AND they have to FEED him!!!! Ya, like I said, hot mess!

How can I trust strangers with this miracle?



     I know, I know, he is going to be fine.  He is going to grow and blossom into an even more amazing kid.  He is going to learn so many things and he is going to learn from the other kids.  Maybe even learn to eat????  Gosh I pray so....

     So the teaching team has been briefed.  They have 4 pages of instructions...lol.  He is going to have a one on one aid.  We are going to start slow and work up to the full day (6 hours).  I am going with him tomorrow and do some more care teaching.  Gonna be a long night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment